Mind, Body & Soul Challenge
Fire it up for summer with our 6-week challenge!
After a long winter, are you ready to reset for summer? It's time to refocus on your health and the important connection between your body and mind.
This Mind, Body & Soul Challenge will focus on fitness and nutrition, as well as the mental aspect of living a healthy lifestyle.
As part of this group challenge, we will be supporting and motivating each other while holding each other accountable.
Throughout the Challenge, you will receive:
- Support & accountability from your Challenge teammates as well as our experienced and enthusiastic fitness coaches through a closed Facebook group
- Customized calorie and macro-breakdowns
- Unlimited Blaze Fitness & Flex classes (excludes Facebook only participants)
- Weekly weigh-ins
- Body fat testing
- Weekly fitness challenges
- Weekly nutritional advice & recipes
- Optional cleansing/fasting one day/week
- NEW - Optional Group Discussion sessions with Licensed Professional Counselor, Cathy Morrow (see more details below)
- Prizes along the way!
Invite your friends!
Experience the support and accountability of being part of a like-minded group! #blazetribe
- New to Blaze? The cost for the Challenge is $220 and you will receive unlimited Blaze Fitness classes (see class schedule) and open access to our fitness facility for the duration of the challenge, meal plan ideas, weekly fitness challenges, weekly nutritional advice, recipes, daily Facebook posts, 2 body fat tests (at the beginning and end of the Challenge), weekly weigh-ins, support and accountability. Once you are registered, you will receive an invitation to join the closed Facebook group.
- Want to do the Challenge, But Not the Fitness Classes? The cost for the Challenge for the Facebook-only portion is $80. You will receive daily Facebook posts, meal plan ideas, weekly fitness challenges, weekly nutritional advice, recipes, support and accountability. Once you are registered, you will receive an invitation to join the closed Facebook group.
- Already a Monthly Blaze Unlimited Fitness Member? The cost for the Challenge is $70. In addition to your unlimited Blaze Fitness classes, you will receive meal plan ideas, weekly fitness challenges, weekly nutritional advice, recipes, daily Facebook posts, 2 body fat tests (at the beginning and end of the Challenge), weekly weigh-ins, support and accountability. Once you are registered, you will receive an invitation to join the closed Facebook group.
After you register for the Mind, Body & Soul Challenge, please complete the Challenge survey below by clicking the button below:
Let's Do It!!!
Invite your friends! We'll all be in it together!! There will be prizes for challenges, sharing posts and checking in along the way!
Thank you to our sponsors!
Countdown To The Mind, Body & Soul Challenge!
NEW for this Challenge!
Group Sessions on Breaking Down Roadblocks to Healthy Living with Cathy Morrow, Licensed Professional Counselor
As a Challenge participant, you have the option to join 5 one-hour group brainspotting sessions where we will process the roadblocks to healthy living for an additional $30. It will also include weekly take home practices to enhance the experience.
- Things I struggle with/fears I have about nutrition and exercise
- Keep a negativity journal
- Failures I have experienced in life, exercising and in managing my nutrition
- Keep a victory log
- Body image struggles and comparisons
- Transition Breathing
- Significant traumatic life events
- Gratitude Journal
- Enhancement and growth in confidence and belief in yourself
- Daily Goals
Brainspotting is a powerful, mindfulness based brain-body focused treatment that works by identifying, processing, and releasing stored neuro-physiological trauma and pain. It harnesses the mind and body’s natural self-scanning and self-healing ability to dismantle trauma, distress, and beliefs at the subconscious core to free the mind and body. We will use an eye position along with the body’s felt sense to de-condition maladaptive emotional and physiological responses that keep you stuck.
You can also read:
Grand, D. (2013). Brainspotting: the revolutionary new therapy for rapid and effective change. Boulder, CO: Sounds True, Inc.
Grand, D. & Goldberg, A. (2011). This is your brain on sports: beating blocks, slumps and performance anxiety for good! Indianapolis, IN: Dog Ear Publishing
The purpose of this group is to provide its members space and guidance for self-exploration and personal growth in order to enhance their journeys of healthy living while creating a sense of connectivity and community through mutual support. The goal is to create a mind-body connection and self-awareness to enhance and grow your capacities for healthy living. To “Make Victory Possible by Maximizing Valuable Potential!”
Expectations for an effective group:
- Commitment: In order for a group to be successful its members must be committed to showing up, being on time, and being focused on the task at hand. It also takes participation…just like your workouts, you get out what you put in.
- Vulnerability: For everyone to get the most out of this experience we need to be open and honest and take risks sharing our experiences, thoughts, and feelings. Yes feelings!
- Respect: An effective group creates a safe space to be vulnerable without fear of judgment or criticisms and listens to all its members equally.
- Open Minds: You may have never experienced what it is like to participate in a group like this or may not have done brainspotting. For both to have their maximum effect you must enter into this experience with an open mind… open to new experiences, open to your body and what it is telling you and open to each other. Curiosity is key.
Licensed Professional Counselor, MSE, LPC, NCC, CMPC-IT